Saturday, June 6, 2015

"ships & sails" baby boy quilt finished and listed


This has been a fun project. The strips of stripes (from a dust ruffle) were narrow, and I enjoyed letting that guide the design.




I've had the anchor fabric forever (from Nancy?) and felt happy and relieved to finally use it, for the backing.

The triangles are from my old stash, and from Nancy's old stash. Some are left from pillows she made for her beach lodge condo.








The quilt measures 39" x 48"
all cotton
cotton batting
machine pieced and quilted
Etsy listing here

6 comments:

  1. This is just absolutely gorgeous and handsome and rock-solid boyish, Ruth, in every which way. The red & white gingham edging is the crowning glory for me, totally making this quilt pop. WOW. You did it again. BRAVA. Someone is going to be very lucky....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boots, I love that you love it! Thank you. <3

      Delete
    2. This strikes me as the perfect quilt for the seaside! I love the colors, the look, the cheer! It is filled with happy!

      Delete
    3. Jeanie, thank you so much! I'm glad you like it. :)

      Delete
  2. I love this one so much! The way you used the stripes was inspired. I have a pin-striped flat sheet that I have been wanting to use in some way. It will be so very hard not to copy this this. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete