Sunday, April 12, 2015

"sugar sand" finished



I am pleased with how "sugar sand" turned out. It was an exercise in minimalism, something that does not come naturally to me, as much as I appreciate and love it.




If it had not been for the colors the mom-to-be favors for her baby girl due in June, I'm not sure I would have ever made a quilt with hot pink and yellow. But I really like it.





I machine quilted in the ditch.



And now that it's done, we're off for a walk on this glorious day!


4 comments:

  1. Who would have known those colors could be so vibrant together, Ruth, indeed. For some reason, I am really drawn to the binding and the back cover. You did good!!! Thanks for sharing. I bet your walk was a huge relief. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Boots. Choosing backing fabric is a real fun step of any quilt (or designing a pieced back), because I want to be tantalized by it when it folds over. So I'm glad you are drawn to this one. Don and Andrea helped me choose the binding from this and several others, which were only pink. I agree with them that the added yellow/chartreuse highlights both colors needfully.

      It is supposed to be nice weather here all week. So exciting!

      Delete
  2. I really do love this one, Ruth. I'm a hot pink and yellow fan so of course, I like this -- but the colors aren't gaudy but lively in a beautiful grounding color. The backing is very pretty. It will be loved forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanie! The mother-to-be seemed to like it at the shower Saturday! :)

      Delete