Saturday, January 21, 2017

3 new mug mats

pink, orange and green; fabric scraps from my stash and Nancy's stash;
small green and white dots binding is from our kids' childhood curtains;
9" x 11 1/2"
Once again, mug mats are what I create when I need to play with color and fabrics. Emphasize PLAY. I got inspiration from various places, such as my Pinterest color board, and also a Chef's Table episode!

back

I created this after watching a "Chef's Table" episode on Francis Mallman;
totally inspired by his wild, free, elegant life in Patagonia;
8" x 11"


back of Patagonia
Green and black paisley is an old Civil War print.



This cream floral is very old, maybe 1950s?
Up-cycled navy floral dress, blue men's shirt, and white and blue men's shirt,
all thrifted; 9" x 9 1/2"

back






All posted at my Etsy shop




8 comments:

  1. I'm paying attention to your color combinations, Ruth...yes, for my coloring designs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that you are putting a lot of efforts into your blog. Keep posting the good work. Some really helpful information in there. Nice to see your site. For more information visit potpourri for sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colors, Ruth! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty! I've had your blogs bookmarked and found them again - Glad to see u are still posting. I have a fondness more for blogs than facebook so it's nice to come here and see your beautiful mats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Ruth,
    So beautiful, I love all them! Just pieces of art!

    ReplyDelete