Saturday, January 21, 2017

3 new mug mats

pink, orange and green; fabric scraps from my stash and Nancy's stash;
small green and white dots binding is from our kids' childhood curtains;
9" x 11 1/2"
Once again, mug mats are what I create when I need to play with color and fabrics. Emphasize PLAY. I got inspiration from various places, such as my Pinterest color board, and also a Chef's Table episode!

back

I created this after watching a "Chef's Table" episode on Francis Mallman;
totally inspired by his wild, free, elegant life in Patagonia;
8" x 11"


back of Patagonia
Green and black paisley is an old Civil War print.



This cream floral is very old, maybe 1950s?
Up-cycled navy floral dress, blue men's shirt, and white and blue men's shirt,
all thrifted; 9" x 9 1/2"

back






All posted at my Etsy shop




6 comments:

  1. I'm paying attention to your color combinations, Ruth...yes, for my coloring designs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All little pieces of art! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colors, Ruth! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty! I've had your blogs bookmarked and found them again - Glad to see u are still posting. I have a fondness more for blogs than facebook so it's nice to come here and see your beautiful mats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Ruth,
    So beautiful, I love all them! Just pieces of art!

    ReplyDelete