Friday, April 15, 2016

Table runners keep running

A commission for Vikki, this is 14" by 45"
Some upcycled shirts and also fabrics from my stash

I had these three fabrics in my stash, two from Nancy,
and one from the batch I bought from Leslie Schmidt when she moved to Switzerland (aqua).
I wanted something swirly and abstract.

These fabrics were such fun playing together.
Upcycled shirts, stash fabrics, some from Babsy,
some from Leslie.
I have been better at making items for us to use, thanks to Babsy's encouragement. Table runners are great, because they sew up quickly, and they add a pop to daily life.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Ruth -- those GEESE! Love, love, love! And the table runners are terrific -- very colorful and totally fun! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally see table runners on your kitchen table, Ruth, so I'm delighted Babsy encouraged you to see your creative touch in your everyday life...like we do when we're at home in Gorinchem...thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the diversity of the first and last runner – I mean the color diversity – you just can’t take a quick look, you have to stop and really take a look. I think it would bring any table alive and fun.

    ReplyDelete